All trips in this web site are operated by Ramailo Treks (hereinafter called “the company” or “we”) of address: P.O. Box 20098, Kathmandu, Nepal. Whether the trip is arranged directly with the Company, or through its agent, your contract is with the Company, and is sold subject to the following conditions : –
1. To make a booking please send us a completed booking form. On receipt, we will check the availability of your chosen trip and you will then be informed. We will then require 20% of the land cost and full cost of the internal airfare, to be paid within one week of our written confirmation of the trip. This enables the internal flight to be booked and confirmed as soon as possible. If you book less than three months before departure, full payment of the land cost fee and internal airfare must be made on booking. The booking is not accepted, and no contract exists until the above payment terms are met. Notification of cancellation must be made to the Company in writing.
2. If you cancel your booking more than three months before departure, we will not refund your deposit on the land cost and internal airfare, but you may transfer your deposit to another trip in our current program. If the trip you transfer to is more expensive than the original one booked, a further deposit will also be payable. If you subsequently cancel the trip to which you transfer to, we will retain your full original deposit.
3. If you cancel your booking after you have paid in full, the following cancellation charges will be made: –
These dates refer to our receiving written notification of your cancellation. We therefore strongly advise you to take out insurance against recoverable cancellation costs.
4. If you do not pay your balance at the specified time without making prior arrangements, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, and to pursue any unpaid monies.
5. We will not cancel your trip unless: –
A. We are forced to do so by unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, such as war, civil or political unrest, or what is usually known as “force majeure”
B. Because the minimum number of bookings needed to operate the trip has not been reached (all holidays are subject to minimum numbers)
C. Non payment by client
In the case of A, if we are forced to cancel the trip within the final payment period, we will offer you a transfer, free of charge to another trip on approximately the same dates, or the same trip at a later date. If the above applies, or if we are forced to completely cancel your trip, we may deduct reasonable and coverable costs that we may have incurred, from any refund we make to you, or credit we transfer to another trip.
If B, we will advise you of the cancellation, no later than eight weeks before the departure date.
6. If there are any increased land cost charges due to the group being smaller than anticipated, you will be informed of these in writing, no later than eight weeks before departure. If you are not prepared to pay these increased charges, you are at will to cancel the trip with a full refund of the total cost.
It should also be noticed that if the group is slightly larger than anticipated, you may also be due a refund of some of the land cost fees, due to the increased size of the trip.
7. If we cancel your trip, we will if possible, offer an alternative trip, and if this is not acceptable to you, we will refund all payments made to us, except in cases of 5A above, in respect of the trip cost, but we will not be liable to refund you for any incidental expenses such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable international connecting flights etc.
8. Prices of trips featured on this web site may be changed at any time, due to changes in exchange rates, increases in transport or other costs, or if Government action forces us to do so. If you are not notified prior to booking of a price change, you have the right to cancel, and obtain a full refund of all monies paid to the Company, provided you notify us in writing within seven days of receiving your invoice.
9. We reserve the right to impose surcharges up to eight weeks before departure due to any unfavorable changes in exchange rates, increases in air fares, or other transport costs, or if Government action should require us to do so.
10. We will only surcharge you by the amount that exceeds 2% of the basic trip cost, except the surcharges required by Government action, which will be charged in full. If the surcharge is greater than 10% of the trip cost, you have the right to cancel your booking within seven days of the notification of the surcharge, and we will then refund any monies paid to us in respect of the trip, but not for visas, vaccinations, or any other incidental costs. If any surcharge is anticipated you will be advised at the time of booking of the likely amount to be incurred.
11. A general indication is provided on the web site of the itinerary of each trip, the type of accommodation used, and what is included in the price. Changes in all of these items may be made at any time. The relevant trip dossier that contains the up to date information about the holiday will be sent after booking. If, after reading the trip dossier, you feel you have misunderstood what is included in the price, or the nature of the holiday, you may cancel your booking without penalty, and we will refund any monies paid to us. Such cancellations will only be allowed during the week after sending the trip dossier to you, and will not be allowed if the booking is made less than three months before departure.
The information and conditions relating to your trip, and any extensions or options contained in the trip dossier, will be deemed to be part of the contract, and you should therefore read them carefully.
12. Any information or advice provided by the Company on matters such as permits, visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage etc. is given in good faith, but without responsibility on the part of the Company, and the passenger must accept responsibility for obtaining any necessary visas, travel documents, and vaccinations required for the trip.
13. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize the hazards involved in this kind of trip, including injury, disease, loss or damage of property, inconvenience and discomfort. This type of travel requires a substantial degree of on trip flexibility. The outlined itineraries given for each trip must therefore be taken as an indication of what each group should hope to accomplish, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the Company. Changes in itinerary may be caused by local political conditions, flight cancellations, mechanical break down, weather problems, sickness or any other unforeseeable circumstances. No refunds will be given for services not utilized. It is therefore a condition of participating in any of these trips described, that you accept that flexibility if necessary, and acknowledge that delays, and other unforeseen circumstances such as discomfort or disappointment are possible.
14. Most of these trips have a more adventurous outlook, and it is therefore necessary that you abide by the authority of the leader who represents the Company. Completing the booking form implies your agreement to this, and if you commit any illegal act whilst on the trip, or if in the opinion of the leader your behavior is causing or likely to cause danger, distress, or problems for any others in the group, we may terminate your travel arrangements without any liability on our part. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your, or another person’s enjoyment or performance on the trip, we must be advised of this at the time of booking, or you may be required to leave the trip with no right of refund. It is therefore a condition of joining any trip, that you are physically and mentally capable of undertaking any activities.
15. It is paramount that before joining any of these trips, you must be covered by insurance, which must be complete, and include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses, and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue. This should include helicopter evacuation/rescue, and air ambulance cover. If you join the trip without adequate insurance as described, you may not be allowed to continue on the trip with no right of refund.
16. All trips are based on starting at the time and place as indicated in the information contained on the web site, and in the trip dossier. If you fail to arrive at the appointed time, we will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by you to meet up with the group. The trip will be considered to have commenced, when the majority of the group have arrived at the local start point of the trip. Should there be a delay in the majority of the group arriving at the start point for any reason, such as international airline flight delays, the trip will not commence until the majority of the group have arrived.
17. If you have any complaints about the trip you should make them known to the leader of the group at the earliest opportunity, who will normally be able to take appropriate action. If, however, at the end of the trip you feel your complaint has not been properly dealt with, we will try to agree a settlement with you, but you must first notify us in writing of your complaint within 30 days of your date of return.
18. Ramailo Treks cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself, or your property, in particular as a consequence of effects of flight cancellations, strikes, war, riots, robbery, sickness, quarantine, Government intervention or other such happenings. You are therefore strongly advised to insure yourselves against the above, or any other possible risks that may occur. In particular you should ensure that sufficient insurance provision has been obtained in respect of any dependant relatives.
19. Ramailo Treks cannot be liable for any damage caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the contract if such failure is:-
A. Attributable to the client.
B. Due to unforeseeable or unavoidable circumstances, and attributable to a 3rd party unconnected to the Company.
C. As a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the Company, such as strikes, war, civil or political unrest, quarantine restriction, Government action, or what is usually known as “force majeure”.
D. A result of an event that the Company and its agents, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
When the Company is found liable to have failed to carry out the contract, the maximum amount of such damages in relation to compensation and loss of enjoyment, will normally be limited to the basic land cost and internal airfare holiday price shown on the invoice. Where any damages relate to transport by air, or hotel accommodation, the Warsaw Convention will limit any compensation payment. Any independent arrangements that you make which are not parts of the trip are entirely up to your own risk.
20. Any flights forming part of the trip arrangements are subject to the conditions of the carrying airline, which in most cases limit the airline’s liability to the passenger in accordance with international law and convention.
21. Booking conditions may only be changed or altered by a Director of the Company in writing. When you complete the booking form you agree to accept all these conditions, and when we accept your booking, we agree to carry out our obligations to you, as defined on this web site to the best of our ability, and other information provided to you. Both sides of this agreement are made subject to, and must be interpreted and enforced according to Nepalese law in Nepalese Court.